A good tenant carries below common traits:
- Is a long-term tenant
- Pays rent on time
- Treats your property with care and respect
- Will request reasonable maintenance when needed
- Communicates effectively
Rental Application Screening Process:
- Verify the tenant's ID and make sure it matches up on various documents
- Proof of income. We require income needs to be 3 times greater than monthly rent
- Credit score check. We require a 660 minimum credit score for most of our rental properties
- Verify rental history. We contact references to ask about the tenant's behavior at previous rentals making sure it is a good fit.
- Interactions while visiting the property. Our interactions with tenants at open homes and correspondence are good indications as to how they'll communicate throughout the tenancy.
We talk to applicants to understand specific situations building up communications. From time to time, we might need applicants to have a co-signer and provide extra residential references, etc.
Once the tenants have successfully completed the screening process, we will send out the official lease for tenants to sign. After the lease agreement is signed and the deposit is paid in full. The property is considered leased. We will then initiate the move-in communications and process.
Our goal is to find good tenants that lower the financial risk to your property, taking care of them so they stay longer, and ultimately save owners any unexpected costs down the line.