Provide the notice of your Intent to Vacate through the tenant online portal (see the category Notice to Vacate). If your lease is expiring soon or you’re on a month-to-month lease, you can provide notice at any time, but most leases do require 30 days of advance notice before moving out. You’ll be responsible for rent during the period covered by the notice.
When you submit your notice to vacate, you will need to provide the following:
- Your intended move out date
- Your forwarding address (for after you move)
On the move out day, you will need to:
- Make sure you have paid all outstanding balances on your account
- Cancel any utilities account in your name( Gas, Electricity, and Waste)
- Stop any auto-payments you may have set up
Keys and other access cards:
- We will place the lockbox at the property or meet you at the property on the last day of residency.
- When the lockbox is placed - Please place the entrance key in the lockbox and the remaining keys, and access cards in the property. Send a photo of the location of all keys, remotes, and any access cards(pools etc), that you were issued to your Resident Services Manager (via email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For single-family homes, send a photo of the current state of the property landscaping to your Resident Services Manager (email@example.com)
- Confirm via phone, text, or email that you have vacated the property
Condition of the property:
- Leave your home in the condition you received it (as verified by your original move-in inspection report), less any standard wear-and-tear (refer to What are the damages that the resident is responsible for?)
- Please download the move-out guide in the attachment for cleaning tips.
Mail-forwarding and packages:
Forward all your incoming emails to new addresses, Next Brick will unfortunately not be able to forward any mails to tenants' new addresses.
If your lease is not expiring soon and you wish to break your lease, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Resident Services Manager will explain your options.
Please view or download the attachment for the Move-out Help Guide.