Provide the notice of your Intent to Vacate through the tenant online portal (see the category Notice to Vacate). If your lease is expiring soon or you’re on a month-to-month lease, you can provide notice at any time, but most leases do require 30 days of advance notice before moving out. You’ll be responsible for rent during the period covered by the notice.
When you submit your notice to vacate, you will need to provide the following:
- Your intended move out date
- Your forwarding address (for after you move)
During the move out process, you will need to:
- Make sure you have paid all outstanding balances on your account
- Cancel and notify your move-out date with any utilities account in your name( Gas, Electricity, and Waste)
- Stop any auto-payments you may have set up
2) Keys, Garage Remote and Other Access Cards:
- If a lockbox is present - Please place the entrance key in the lockbox and the remaining keys, and access cards in the property. Send a photo of the location of all keys, remotes, and any access cards(pools etc), that you were issued to your Resident Services Manager (Self Move-out Checklist)
- For single-family homes, send a photo of the current state of the property landscaping to your Resident Services Manager (Self Move-out Checklist)
- Confirm via phone, text, or email that you have vacated the property(Self Move-out Checklist)
- Lost/missing keys: Keys-$50 per key, Pool cards-$150 per card/key, Garage remote-$200/per piece.
3) Condition of the Property:
- Leave your home in the condition you received it (as verified by your original move-in inspection report), less any standard wear-and-tear (refer to What are the damages that the resident is responsible for?)
Property must be professionally cleaned upon move-out.
Please submit all vendors receipts through (Self Move-out Checklist)
Next Brick Cleaning Partners:
- Clean River LLC.
- Safaa Eco Cleaning Services
Please note: We recommend using our trusted vendors if the property needs to be re-cleaned; these vendors are great at returning to the property at no charge. However, suppose otherwise the property is cleaned by other companies; in the event of a re-clean, in that case, we will have to order our vendor to re-service the property, and the residents will be responsible for the charge.
4) Mail-forwarding and Packages:
Forward all your incoming emails to new addresses, Next Brick will unfortunately not be able to forward any mails to tenants' new addresses.
5) Move-out Inspection
Our property managers will do a walk through on the property, please schedule a date that works for you. (Seattle resident law requires the tenants be onsite while the Property Manager completes the move-out inspection)
6) Refund of Deposit
Security deposit refunds are subject to final damage/cleaning/utilities charges. A refund cannot be determined until final inspection and accounting process are completed.
Please allow 21 business days to process the refund.
If your lease is not expiring soon and you wish to break your lease, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Resident Services Manager will explain your options.
Please view or download the attachment for the Move-out Guide.